is and extract of is an herbal plant Phyllanthus amarus found in the West Indies and South East Asia region. In Malaysia, it is known as 'Dukung Anak' and traditionally used as a hepatoprotective, antihypertensive, diuretic, for the treatment of jaundice, dropsy, genital-urinary infections and many others.
Phyllanthus amarus extract has been reported to be effective against liver disease such as Hepatitis B. A standardized PhyllPRO™ ethanolic extract preparation of Phyllanthus amarus leaves, containing a multi component mixture of compounds belonging to various chemical groups having various pharmacological properties, i.e. antiviral, immunomodulatory, antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, antifibrotic has been developed by Biotropics Malaysia Bhd.
Due to the many protective benefits of the extract, PhyllPRO™ was tested and found to have in supporting liver function and protecting against liver damage in a clinical trial on Alcohol intoxication and liver. PhyllPRO™ significantly reduced signs and symptoms of hangover in alcohol drinkers and reduced the amount of inflammation and oxidative damage in liver associated with alcohol consumption. PhyllPRO™ significantly accelerated blood alcohol clearance when compared to the placebo. PhyllPRO™ was also well tolerated with safety profiles identical to placebo at the administered dose of 750 mg per day.
This clinical trial was supported by Biotropics Malaysia Berhad and carried out at Medicus Research LLC, US.
More than 15 human studies have been published examining both safety and effectiveness of the botanical. Hepatoprotection against viruses (hepatitis B) has been frequently studied. Table below summarizes a selection of the findings. Results to date are promising and addition research is underway.
Human Effectiveness Studies
1. bioactive components of extracts from only leaves of Phyllanthus Amarus, which contained the most active ingredients.
2. standardised quantity of the active component – Lignans (Phyllantine and hypophyllantine) to ensure the therapeutic values are maintained.
Scientific name : Phyllanthus amarus Schum.et.
Class : Magnoliopsida
Family : Euphorbiales
- LATEST NEWS ON Nu-Prep
- 28.03.2010 Hanya Ekstrak Akar Tongkat Ali Berkesan read more...
- 13.01.2010 New Straits Times – Think You're Having a Bad Day? read more…
- 19.01.2010 Metro Harian Bisnes – Biotropics cari 1,000 peruncit. read more…
- 19.01.2010 Metro – Product Training to Retailers in Kota Bahru. read more…
- nu-Prep Advertisements
- 20.01.2010 New Straits Times.
click here to view...
- 24.01.2010 Metro Ahad. click here to view...